and like one of my children wrote, there are days when I want to wake up and realize this has all been a dream.
Yet in the midst of everything, there are rays of hope that make their way through - shafts of light that speak of hope, shedding light on my path, enabling me to take the next step. I am ever so grateful for God's guiding hand as I've navigated my way through territory completely foreign to me.
shafts of light that come as:
- thoughts to wait with some tasks so that other things still work
- thoughts that come in the middle of the night bringing to mind obscure things that need to be looked after
- friends who remember
- friends who remind me of some of Florian's quirkiness
- worship songs that speak of God's mercies that are new every morning and of His faithfulness
- lyrics that stay with me through the week
- choir concerts that uplift and are a "feast for the soul"
Sometimes it's dark in here with no shafts of light to be seen.
Sometimes it just takes my eyes a little time to adjust.