Monday, March 28, 2011

crushed...

but not destroyed; perplexed... but not shaken

Tonight I shared my faith journey with my "cohort group". I wear the mantle passed to me by my husband - step by step I will carry on; I will carry the torch that will one day be passed to my by my father - to stay the course.

Many generations have gone before me; many have run their race and, keeping their eyes focused on the One who is the perfecter of faith , they finished their run. We don't know how long he will be with us, but my dad will one day be among those who have stayed the course to the very end. He will then join my dear husband in worship as they bow their knee and proclaim that Jesus is Lord & King.

a torch....

a mantle....

I am surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses ... my grandparents, great-grandparents, great-great grandparents... uncles... and aunts.... and more recently my husband....

Such vivid imagery as I press on towards the goal that is set before me. . . as I "stay the course", one step at a time. Yes, I am perplexed. Yes, I am crushed.

But God. . .

God is faithful. I will not be destroyed for He is faithful.
God is holding me. I am in His grip.

My soul will one day sing again - will sing the song that He will give and I will praise Him for His unending love.

How Great Thou Art.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Edith, I think of you so often and send a prayer to our loving Father, asking Him to surround you with the love and care of Christian family and friends. God bless and keep you close to Him as you step forward one step, one minute, one day, one week at a time. He is your strength and comfort! Warm hugs across the miles!

Jennifer Scull said...

just know that you are surrounded by so so many who love you. you might FEEL crushed, but you really aren't.... there are so many temporary things we endure here while on earth and our feelings, while very valid, are just one of those. you are REALLY a diamond being pressed and refined - being prepared for that journey home.
and in the meantime you have made such a tremendous impression on so many people here - you have shown such love and friendship and compassion.

sending hugs across the miles to you, dearest one! :)