Wednesday, May 13, 2009

it's time again . . .

for Florian to have his 3-month check. I realized this morning that I'm a little nervous this time. We're closing in on 18 months of remission. Until now, I guess I've just assumed that there wouldn't be anything, but the longer we go... well, let's just say that I feel we're 'pushing the envelope' a little more each time.

My thoughts are a jumbled mess. I know God is in control. I know that today has enough troubles of its own without borrowing tomorrow's. I know that 90% of the things we worry about don't ever actually come to fruition. I know that whatever happens we will take it one step at a time.

and yet... I still ask, "What if . . . ?"


I am reminded of another woman's story I read yesterday. Friends of ours are very close to this family and I found her story online, "Death is Not Dying" .

If you pray. . . please pray for them. They are walking such a very difficult path - I cannot imagine how hard it must be for her. I cried as I read her letters. I cried as I tried to imagine having to say goodbye to my family. . . and I prayed for her . . . for her husband . . . for her children . . . for her family. . .

I have so much for which to be thankful. Regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's visit, we will take the hand of our Father and He will walk with us. What comfort there is in knowing that He cares so much - not only for us and our family, but also for Rachel Barkey and her family.

And guess what? He cares about you too!!!!

1 comment:

Diane Noble said...

I will be lifting you up in prayer. Since I've been away and still trying to catch up I missed your post until just today. Christ's strength will carry you when you have none of your own. I will be praying for you. Stay in touch. Love you, sister!