Saturday, July 23, 2011

I'd rather. . .

have to change the oil in my car or clean the furnace filter.
Seriously.
Although.
I will have to admit that based on my recent experience with changing the air filter there may be those who would beg to differ on that as well!!

But that's a whole 'nuther story!



Tonight, I was going to toast some raisin bread for dinner... got distracted looking at the writing assignment due next month and start smelling smoke... something obviously went haywire...

Came to the kitchen to find smoke billowing out from the toaster oven!! Yikes.
I ran it outside and then grabbed a towel to fan the smoke detector so it wouldn't go off. Fortunately, I managed to keep the smoke away long enough to grab the little fan I had sitting in the hallway. Turned it on - much easier to blow the smoke back towards the kitchen that way. Once the air was cleared somewhat, I moved the fan into the kitchen area. oy.

But.
Disaster averted.
Alarm didn't go off.
Friendly firemen didn't have to pay a visit.

This all seems so silly. I never dreamed that these are the kinds of things that I would have to deal with... Maybe I need to seriously consider cold cereal for dinner or protein shakes and smoothies... at least there would be no risk of fire with those!!!

so, just where do I start? Will someone please hand me that wrench?


1 comment:

Jennifer Scull said...

or maybe you just need to invest in a pop up toaster! ;) it could be a very simple little fix.

so glad you didn't have to meet the lovely firemen this way.

hang in there, dear friend. you are loved! :)